Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SAMR and Project Based Learning

I'm more under augmentation in SAMR model. I use technology in the classroom but not in a way that the assignments could not be done in an old fashioned way. I do also fall under modification some of the time. I have students email their assignments and we make videos from time to time. I'm trying to move into redefinition through the process of communicating with students in France. I tried once to do a wiki but the students wouldn't get on it when I wanted them to and because of their lack of interest/motivation, I lost my interest/motivation. I believe I could do it better this time around. Students have become more familiar with using these sights in the classroom. Maybe I'll try again.

Project Based Learning is hard to do in a world language classroom but not impossible. I had my students plan trips to Europe this past year on a budget and it went well. They were surprised by how possible it was to do. I definitely will continue to use that project in my curriculum. Now if only I could get some projects going in which they have to use French and think that the assignment is just as fun and easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment